ENTRY BY PRE-BOOKING ONLY! Call the bookshop on 01903 812062 to reserve your place.
On Saturday July 21st at 2.30pm Julia Donaldson will join us to celebrate her joyous new picture book ‘The Cook and the King’.
Just out in hardback at £11.99, this hilarious story tells the tale of a very fussy king and his search for a cook who can make just the right dish. With Julia’s signature rollicking, rhyming text and richly detailed illustrations by David Roberts (Tyrannosaurus Drip, The Troll) this is sure to become a firm family favourite!
How does the book signing work?
- Entry will be strictly by prior booking only, and limited to under 100 families.
- You can book your place by calling the shop on 01903 812062 and pre-ordering at least 1 copy of ‘The Cook and the King’ (or other Julia D title). Your pre-order allows entry of 1 family group (1/2 adults and up to 4 children).
- You may purchase additional books on the day – all Julia’s books will be available for purchase and signing.
- There is no way to host a Julia D signing without some queuing, but we will attempt to reduce the queue time by staggering the entry times: 2.30 pm for the first 30 families to book, 3.30 pm for the next, and 4.30 for the final group. You will be advised of your recommended signing time when you book.
- The signing will take place in the bookshop garden. There will be refreshments and activities for children, and as much shade and seating as we can muster.
- Please do not bring ‘books from home’ for signing.
- If you are unable to attend the signing but would like to order and pay for a book to be signed/dedicated by Julia, to pick up in person later, please call in/ phone the shop and we will be happy to arrange this for you.
- Don’t forget – you can get a signed Julia Donaldson book anytime from our website store!